The Professional Development Committee focuses on all facets of continuing education of Texas REALTORS® members, including curriculum development and faculty assessment and selection. Our motto is “To earn more, you’ve got to learn more.”
The committee is led by the Professional Development Management Team (PDMT), who is selected from the committee volunteers by the state association leadership.
The team’s primary responsibilities include:
- Appoint task forces and work groups as needed – view diagram of current sub-committees and work groups.
- Identify and develop association courses and programs (MCE, core, certifications, etc.).
- Identify award-winning programs and instructors for recognition at the Winter Meeting.
The semi-annual Professional Development Open Forum is a venue where members may voice their concerns about education and provide input to the Professional Development Management Team about industry trends and educational needs.
Reviews the relevancy of GRI materials and considers topics of interest for education course offerings. Members of this group are appointed to one-year terms by the Texas REALTORS® leadership team.
Meets at the Texas REALTORS® Winter Meeting and Texas REALTORS® Conference to evaluate candidates for Texas REALTORS® University faculty. Members of this group are appointed to one-year terms by the Texas REALTORS® Leadership Team.
Texas REALTORS® Leadership Program Subcommittee
Meets at the Texas REALTORS® Winter Meeting and Texas REALTORS® Conference to discuss program and curriculum improvements, including recommendations for networking events and educational topics. Members of this sub-committee are appointed to one-year terms by the Texas REALTORS® leadership team.
Professional Development Management Team
The Professional Development Management Team (PDMT) is selected from the members of the Professional Development Committee by the state association leadership. The chair, vice-chair, liaison, immediate past-chair, and the committee staff liaison form the Professional Development Management Team.
The PDMT meets at least twice during the year and holds conference calls as needed.
Attendance at the formal meetings held during the Texas REALTORS® Winter Meeting and Texas REALTORS® Conference is expected. PDMT members are allowed only one absence per year in order to retain their position on the team unless otherwise approved by the state association leadership.
Attendance at the Professional Development Forums is also expected as it provides a vehicle for members to express their needs. Feedback from members is essential in identifying areas of interest and changing market conditions as they apply to the professional development of association members statewide.
Team members should plan to audit two GRI class days per year to evaluate content and instructors. Feedback forms are provided.
Association staff liaisons help and support PDMT leadership. Deb Waldman is staff liaison.
- Oversee professional development policy making at the state level.
- Oversee policy for Texas REALTORS®-authored curricula for relevancy and accuracy.
- Oversee policy for Texas REALTORS® University faculty members.
- Approve Faculty Selection sub-group’s recommendations for new faculty.
- Promote continuous improvement of existing faculty.
- Oversee review of annual statewide education awards.
- All members are chosen by the Texas REALTORS® Leadership Team
- 1-year term
- 22 members
- 7 Curriculum Subgroup
- 7 Faculty Assessment Subgroup
- 1 legal advisor
- 1 Real Estate Center
- 2 Texas REALTORS® Leadership Program Subcommittee (chairman, vice chairman)