The Texas Accredited Commercial Specialist certification teaches you how to represent clients, perform market analyses, negotiate, and understand property development and management. The TACS will also equip you with skills in marketing and business development. This certification shows that you’ve pursued an intensive course of study in commercial real estate and that you’re dedicated to providing the highest level of service to clients.
The Texas Accredited Commercial Specialist certification requires the completion of three 30-hour courses:
- TACS 1: Introduction to Commercial Real Estate. Topics include fundamentals of commercial real estate finance and economics
- TACS 2: Commercial Real Estate Property Development. Topics include commercial leasing, property development, and appraisal valuation methods
- TACS 3: Commercial Real Estate Marketing & Negotiation. Topics include assessing the merits of investment property, appropriate contract forms and addenda, and how to develop a self-aware business plan.
After successful completion of the three courses, candidates must provide the following:
- A letter from the agent’s broker verifying successful completion of two commercial real estate transactions (no minimum monetary requirement) and active participation in a CIE
- Two professional references—not the candidate’s broker—who can speak to the candidate’s commercial real estate professionalism and standard of practice.
Finally, the certification candidate must submit the Texas Accredited Commercial Specialist certification application and a $50 application fee to Texas REALTORS®.