What public policy positions has Texas REALTORS® taken?
What happens at the Texas Capitol and in local government affects your business. That’s why Texas REALTORS® follows a wide range of public-policy issues at the local and state level that affect the real estate business and consumers.
The Texas REALTORS® Executive Board approved the association’s Legislative Priorities for the 86th Texas Legislature.
See the association’s position on these issues:
- County rulemaking authority
- Eminent domain
- Home equity: Mortgage finance
- Homeowners associations (HOAs)
- Infrastructure: Transportation
- Infrastructure: Water
- Local property taxes: Appraisal caps
- Local property taxes: Central appraisal districts
- Local property taxes: Tax rate-setting process
- Property management: Short-term rentals
- Sales price disclosure
- Sales tax on professional services
- Sales tax/Transfer tax on real estate transactions
- Tax assessment
- The Texas Real Estate Commission
- Title insurance