What positions have Texas REALTORS® taken on issues?
What happens at the Capitol and in local government affects your business. That’s why the Texas Association of REALTORS® follows a wide range of public-policy issues at the local and state level that affect your business and consumers.
The Texas Association of REALTORS® Executive Board approved TAR’s Legislative Priorities for the 85th Texas Legislature.
See TAR’s position on these issues:
- County rulemaking authority
- Eminent domain
- Home equity: Mortgage finance
- Homeowners associations (HOAs)
- Infrastructure: Energy
- Infrastructure: Transportation
- Infrastructure: Water
- Local property taxes: Appraisal caps
- Local property taxes: Central appraisal districts
- Local property taxes: Tax rate-setting process
- Property management: Rental property registration
- Sales-price disclosure
- Sales tax on professional services
- Sales tax/Transfer tax on real estate transactions
- The Texas Real Estate Commission
- Title insurance
- Windstorm insurance