The Fair Housing Act protects people from discrimination when renting or buying a home, getting a mortgage, seeking housing assistance, or engaging in other housing-related activities. Protected classes in the Fair Housing Act are race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, and disability.
As a REALTOR®, you do more than work on real estate transactions—you help people achieve their dreams. Fair housing ensures that opportunities to realize those dreams are available to all.
Fair Housing Resources for REALTORS®
- Course: What’s Fair in Fair Housing
- Course: At Home with Diversity
- Texas REALTORS® Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Fair Housing Declaration for REALTORS® (NAR)
- Legal updates on fair housing (NAR)
- Bias Override: Learn to avoid implicit bias in your business interactions (NAR)
Take NAR’s Fairhaven Training for a Chance at $250
This immersive online training puts you in the shoes of a perspective buyer facing discrimination while trying to buy a home. All members of Texas REALTORS® who have completed the Fairhaven training by April 30 will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a $250 gift card.