The Fair Housing Act protects people from discrimination when renting or buying a home, getting a mortgage, seeking housing assistance, or engaging in other housing-related activities. Protected classes in the Fair Housing Act are race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status, and disability.
As a REALTOR®, you do more than work on real estate transactions—you help people achieve their dreams. Fair housing ensures that opportunities to realize those dreams are available to all.
Fair Housing Resources for REALTORS®
- Course: What’s Fair in Fair Housing
- Course: At Home with Diversity
- Texas REALTORS® Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Fair Housing Declaration for REALTORS® (NAR)
- Legal updates on fair housing (NAR)
- Bias Override: Learn to avoid implicit bias in your business interactions (NAR)
- Fairhaven: Immersive online training (NAR)