Formed in 1991, the Strategic Planning Committee mission is to seek out internal and external issues that impact the real estate industry and develop the association’s mission statement and strategic plan.
The Texas Association of REALTORS® typically writes a new two-year strategic plan or updates its existing plan every other year at a two-day retreat. The new 2015-2016 plan was developed during such a retreat June 19-20, 2014 at Barton Creek Resort in Austin. The result is a bold plan centered around four main areas of strategic focus, the four Ps – political advocacy, practical services, professional development, and profitability.
The Texas Association of REALTORS® is the advocate for REALTORS® and private property owners.
- Innovative and forward-thinking
- Fosters a cooperative environment
- Strives to not duplicate services
- Builds relationships
- Focuses on results
- Is the voice for Texas real estate
Four Area of Strategic Focus: The 4 Ps
- Political advocacy
- Practical services
- Professional development
- All members are chosen by the TAR Leadership Team
- 3-year term
- 20 members max, including alternates
- Includes current TAR chairman of the board, secretary/treasurer, secretary/treasurer-elect
- 1 Real Estate Center rep
- 1 Association Executive rep
- Members of the Strategic Planning Committee may not serve on the Recommendations Committee