Formerly the Political Affairs Committee, the Texas REALTORS® Grassroots Political Network is charged with participating in and promoting the association’s grassroots political advocacy programs.
About the Grassroot Political Network
The GPN is not a typical committee – there are no formal meetings, no minutes, and no specific agenda. Instead, the GPN supports the Political Involvement Committee’s (PIC) efforts to promote REALTOR® grassroots political engagement.
The GPN is essentially “on-call” to support efforts on candidate recruitment and training, REALTOR®- and public-voter registration, candidate interviews, REALTOR®-voter turnout, Opportunity Races (REALTOR®-facing political campaigns), legislative contact teams (LCT), calls for action, and related efforts.
Many members of the GPN are added automatically, by virtue of their positions within the REALTOR® World. These include:
- Local board presidents, local presidents-elect, TREPAC and GA chairs
- Graduates of the Texas REALTORS® Leadership Program (TRLP)
- All Federal Political Coordinators (FPCs)
- All Texas REALTORS® government affairs committees
- All former members of the Political Involvement Committee
- TREPAC Trustees and Trustee Alumni
- Any Texas REALTOR® who is elected to public office
- Local association executives and government affairs directors
The association needs dedicated Texas REALTORS® like you who know that grassroots advocacy is the most effective!