Submission period is closed.
The William C. Jennings Award is awarded annually by the Texas REALTORS® Commercial Committee to recognize an outstanding effort in commercial brokerage.
It is presented for a transaction representing excellence in real estate practice and contribution to the community. The award honors real estate professionals whose work benefits their clients and enhances the quality of life and economic development of the market where they work.
The local association where the award winner is a primary member will receive a $1,000 grant. The winner of the award will be featured in Texas REALTOR® magazine and be nominated for recognition at the national level.
William C. Jennings, Sr. served as president of the Fort Worth Board of REALTORS®, president of
Texas REALTORS®, and served on the Executive Board of the National Association of REALTORS®. He founded the Commercial Investment Division of Texas REALTORS® and was appointed by the governor of Texas to be chairman of the Texas Real Estate Research Center. His career accomplishments were recognized when he received the REALTORS® statewide award for the commercial real estate transaction of the year, and a real estate professorship at the University of Texas at Austin was named in his honor. The William C. Jennings Award embodies his dedication to service and professional excellence.
Who can enter: All commercial brokers and agents who are members of Texas REALTORS®. Only transactions closed between January 1, 2023, through November 30, 2023, will be eligible for consideration.
How the winner is chosen:
- Judging is based on the merits of the transaction, creativity employed, and application of commercial principles and practices.
- Size of transaction and professional writing ability are not factors in the judging of the entries.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- The award(s) will be presented at the Texas REALTORS® Winter Meeting.
- Judges reserve the right to withhold giving the award if, in their opinion, entries do not meet the standards of the award.
- Pro forma statements will NOT be considered as a part of the completed application process.
Award Guidelines and Judging Rules
Judging is based on:
- Merits of the transaction – 40%
- Creativity – 20%
- Application of commercial principles and practices – 40%
The judging panel consists of:
- Texas REALTORS® Commercial Committee Leadership.
- The immediate past chair of the Texas REALTORS® Commercial Committee
- Texas Realtors Association® Staff
|2022||Imran Bhaidani||2021||Cesar Cepeda||2020||Alison Blalock||2019||Will Northern||2018||The Wheeler Group||2017||Heather Konopka Chavez||2016||Coy Garrett||2015||Jef Conn||2014||Mike Boyd||2013||no winner named||2012||Ken Wimberly||2011||David Glasscock||2010||Cody Harris||2009||no winner named||2008||Charlie Foxworth||2007||Frank H. Fitzgerald||2006||Brady Collier||2005||Richard Minker and Ted St. Clair Jr.||2004||John Talhelm and Kevin Erck||2003||John Maddux||2002||Stephen Fithian||2001||Scott Morse and Scott Jessen||2000||Conrad Bernard and Mike Boyd||1999||William E. Stonaker||1998||Robert F. Duncan Jr.||1997||Doug Jennings||1996||Jon Spellman & Jay Lucas||1995||Joe Adame||1994||Stewart O. Robinson & Stephen N. Montgomery||1993||Tom Stacy||1992||David Etzold||1991||Robert DeLancy||1990||Robert E. Knight||1989||John H. McCrocklin||1988||John H. McCrocklin||1987||Mark Sorrell||1986||Carey Cox||1985||R. Kelley Parker, III|