September 12, 2012 — San Antonio
Today, the Texas REALTORS® and AMPI, Mexico’s real estate association, announced that the organizations have signed a cross-border, business-building partnership agreement, which provides for cooperation and collaboration in real estate throughout the region. In addition, 75 such partnerships were established between local REALTOR® associations and local chapters of AMPI during the Texas REALTORS® Conference last weekend in San Antonio.
These partnerships highlight the strategic importance of Mexico in the real estate community and represent a commitment by REALTOR® organizations and AMPI to share information, marketing techniques, educational content and best practices. They also signify a mutual desire to help members understand and benefit from international real estate opportunities. As the official ambassador organization to Mexico, the Texas REALTORS® worked with AMPI to facilitate creation and signing of the agreements.
Joe Stewart, 2012 chairman of the Texas REALTORS®, commented, “In recent years, we’ve seen increasing interest in cross-border real estate opportunities, both Mexicans purchasing property here in the U.S. and Americans purchasing property in Mexico. These partnerships will help Texas REALTORS® and AMPI members work together to serve those clients. It also further elevates awareness of international real estate, which will lead to more educational opportunities for our members and more resources for property owners interested in international markets.”
Participating local REALTOR® organizations included:
- Abilene Association of REALTORS®
- Amarillo Association of REALTORS®
- Austin Board of REALTORS®
- Brownsville / South Padre Board of REALTORS®
- Corpus Christi Association of REALTORS®
- Greater El Paso Association of REALTORS®
- Greater Fort Worth Association of REALTORS®
- Greater McAllen Association of REALTORS®
- Houston Association of REALTORS®
- Lubbock Association of REALTORS®
- MetroTex Association of REALTORS® (Dallas)
- San Antonio Board of REALTORS®
- San Marcos Area Board of REALTORS®
Photos of the event are available upon request and Alston Boyd, chairman of the International Committee for the Texas REALTORS®, is available for interviews to share more about the impact of these agreements. Please contact Stacy Armijo at 512-448-4950 or firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.