Support for Commercial Issues begins at the national level.
Visit NAR’s Commercial Advocacy page to find out how NAR is working for commercial practitioners.
Download the latest Commercial Issues & Actions PDF to review NAR’s most recent advocacy efforts around regulations and legislation affecting the commercial real estate industry.
TREPAC for Commercial Members
There’s a long-held misconception that TREPAC, the Texas REALTORS® Political Action Committee, only benefits residential REALTORS®. Nothing could be further from the truth.
How TREPAC has served commercial interests
- Created an exemption from ad-valorem taxation on your vehicle
- Passed legislation enabling commercial brokers and appraisers to secure a commission with a lien against a property
- Stopped real estate transfer taxes
- Defeated efforts to mandate the disclosure of sales price
- Prevented statewide downzoning
- Averted lowering the appraisal cap on homesteads, which would increase the tax burden on commercial properties
New threats pop up all the time.
Indeed, commercial real estate is a favorite target of state legislators and local governments. Commercial brokers would surely face increased regulation, higher taxation, and more restrictions if TREPAC weren’t so powerful.