Your email is not private. Messages can be hacked through phishing attacks or forwarded along without your knowledge or consent.
Write your emails as if your entire conversation is public and will be read by your broker, clients, other agents—even your mother.
Follow these simple rules for keeping your email professional:
- Use a professional email address.
- Include a clear subject line.
- Use a professional salutation.
- Always read emails more than once before responding.
- Avoid humor, as it doesn’t always translate well in email.
- Don’t use “reply to all” unless it’s necessary.
- Do not forward information without checking with the original sender.
- Always proofread your message, reading it aloud if necessary.
I do proofread. When I see them post something messed them upon the transmission. This is not a joke
Great advice, great article!