Landowners who lease their private property for hunting in return for any type of compensation are required to obtain a hunting lease license. There are three types of licenses available:

  • Hunting lease license
  • Hunting cooperative lease license
  • Wildlife management association area hunting license

Once a landowner acquires the license, the law says it must be “displayed on the hunting lease.” Texas REALTOR® magazine provides more details about what this means, plus the differences between the licenses available, in “Landowners leasing property for hunting must get a license.”