Standardized forms are an essential part of Texas real estate. But do you know the difference between Texas Real Estate Commission forms and Texas REALTORS® forms?

TREC Forms

The Texas Real Estate Commission makes its contract forms available to everyone—you don’t even have to have a real estate license to use them. However, TREC intends for these forms to be used primarily by license holders and advises anyone else to contact a licensed real estate professional or attorney for assistance. TREC rules require license holders to use these forms subject to several exceptions.

Texas REALTORS® Forms

Only members of Texas REALTORS® with active TREC licenses can use the more than 130 additional forms provided by Texas REALTORS®.  These forms are not mandatory and are for the members’ benefit.

Association members can access TREC and Texas REALTORS® forms on the Blank Forms page of and from the following form-fill and transaction management vendors: zipForm, Brokermint, Jointly, DocuSign, Dotloop, Instanet, Flow ROI, and SkySlope. Certain disclosure forms are also available through Sellers Shield, a Texas REALTORS® risk management partner.

Email if you ever see a Texas REALTORS® form posted online or provided outside of these vendors.