Hundreds of Texas REALTORS® were in Washington, D.C., May 14-18 to advocate for real estate consumers during the 2019 REALTOR® Legislative Meetings. Here are a few highlights from the week.
Sharing Your Voice at the U.S. Capitol
Texas REALTORS® met with all 36 members of the Texas Congressional delegation or their offices to discuss federal real estate issues that REALTORS® support, including reauthorizing the National Flood Insurance Program, extending Opportunity Zone deadlines, and supporting Fair Housing.
See NAR’s talking points on these issues.
Texas REALTORS® also heard from U.S. Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz last Thursday, and President Donald Trump addressed REALTORS® Friday afternoon, highlighting federal priorities important to property owners. NAR invites the sitting president to address REALTORS® at the event every year.
Click here for NAR’s recap of the week’s events.
Texas REALTORS® Elected to NAR Leadership
NAR’s Board of Directors elected three Texas REALTORS® to the 2020 NAR Executive Board:
- Leslie Rouda Smith (Collin County), First Vice President
- Kaki Lybbert (Greater Denton/Wise County), Region 10 Vice President (Texas and Louisiana)
- Shad Bogany (Houston), MLS and Data Management Liaison
Read NAR’s recap of the Board of Directors meeting.
REALTOR® Party Supporters in Texas
The REALTOR® Political Action Committee honored several Texas REALTORS® and local associations in Texas during the RPAC Awards Ceremony for achievements in the 2018 fundraising year:
- 25 Texas REALTORS® were inducted into the 2018 RPAC Hall of Fame:
- $200,000 Level: Mike Brodie (Collin County)
- $175,000 Level: Mary Frances Burleson (MetroTex)
- $75,000 Level: Bill Evans (Austin)
- $50,000 Level: Chris Duff (Corpus Christi), Sharon Harrison (MetroTex), Scott Kesner (Greater El Paso), Christine Seidel (Four Rivers), Sherry Smith (Greater Texoma)
- $25,000 Level: Char Atnip (Corpus Christi), Philip Becker (San Antonio), Russell Berry (MetroTex), Chance Brown (Houston), Rebecca Connatser (MetroTex), Cade Fowler (Lubbock), Bob Jacobs (San Antonio), Bill Jordan (MetroTex), Janet Kane (MetroTex), Linda King (Houston), James Martin (MetroTex), Michael Mengden (Houston), Robert Miles (Houston), Melinda Randall (Longview Area), Winn Sikes (Lubbock), Thomas Schwenk (Galveston), Jo Ann Stevens (Houston)
- Local Association President’s Cup Winners: Abilene, Amarillo, Beaumont, Bryan-College Station, Corpus Christi, Galveston, Greater El Paso, Harlingen, Highland Lakes, Johnson County, Kerrville, Longview Area, Lubbock, Nacogdoches County, Pampa, Permian Basin, San Angelo, South Padre Island
- Local Association Triple Crown Winners: Abilene, Amarillo, Beaumont, Bryan-College Station, Corpus Christi, Galveston, Greater Denton/Wise County, Greater El Paso, Greater Fort Worth, Greater Tyler, Harlingen, Highland Lakes, Johnson County, Kerrville, Longview Area, Lubbock, Nacogdoches County, Pampa, Permian Basin, San Angelo, San Antonio, South Padre Island, South Texas Commercial, Temple-Belton, Waco
- State President’s Cup: Texas REALTORS® was recognized for earning the State President’s Cup for surpassing advocacy and fundraising goals.
Leave a Reply