The Texas Real Estate Commission adopted two new forms and revised six others at its February meeting. Use of these forms is voluntary until May 15, when they become mandatory.
- One to Four Family Residential Contract (Resale) (TAR 1601, TREC 20-14)
- New Home Contract (Incomplete Construction) (TAR 1603, TREC 23-15)
- New Home Contract (Completed Construction) (TAR 1604, TREC 24-15)
- Residential Condominium Contract (Resale) (TAR 1605, TREC 30-13)
- Unimproved Property Contract (TAR 1607, TREC 9-13)
- Farm & Ranch Contract (TAR 1701, TREC 25-12)
- Addendum Concerning Right to Terminate Due to Lender’s Appraisal (TAR 1948, TREC 49-0)*
- Addendum for Authorizing Hydrostatic Testing (TAR 1949, TREC 48-0)*
Also, effective February 12, changes were adopted to the following Texas Association of REALTORS® forms:
- New Residential Condominium Contract (Completed Construction) (TAR 1608)
- New Residential Condominium Contract (Incomplete Construction) (TAR 1609)
The association is working with zipForm to post the forms as quickly as possible. The updated forms are already available on the texasrealestate.com blank forms page. To view redline versions of the changes, visit the adopted forms page.
Want an explanation of the changes? Watch a recording of the March 1 webinar “What You Need to Know About Changes to TAR and TREC Forms.”