October 11, 1920. That’s when representatives from Abilene, Dallas, Denison, El Paso, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio met to establish the Texas Association of Real Estate Boards. From that meeting in Dallas 100 years ago has grown a professional organization with more than 130,000 members working for private property rights and the real estate industry in Texas.
Throughout 2020, Texas REALTORS® will be celebrating the organization’s 100th anniversary. Here are some examples of what you can look forward to:
- Weekly social media posts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter celebrating the association’s rich history. Look for #shapingtexas and feel free to add your own memories.
- A coffee table book detailing the people who have shaped Texas and the Texas real estate industry.
- Regular features about the association’s history in Texas REALTOR® magazine.
- A 3-D art piece with milestones and momentos from the past 100 years of real estate in Texas.
- Limited edition 100th anniversary merchandise.
- A “100 Acts of Kindness” recognition that shows the many ways REALTORS® help their communities. Any member, brokerage, or local association can submit entries.
- A free broadcast CE ethics course.
- A once-in-a-lifetime celebration at the 2020 Texas REALTORS® Conference in San Antonio.
These examples are only some of the ways the centennial will be recognized all year long. Stay tuned!