Congratulations are due to these REALTORS® from Texas who won elections this week and will be leading the way for the real estate industry at the national level:
- Leslie Rouda Smith, National Association of REALTORS®️ 2021 president-elect
- Candy Cooke, Real Estate Business Institute 2021 president
- Vicki Fullerton, NAR Region 10 vice president
- Renee Harvey, REALTORS®️ Land Institute 2021 president
- Sheila Moran, Women’s Council of REALTORS® National Liaison for Western Region
- Sylvia Seabolt, Women’s Council of REALTORS®️ 2021 president-elect.
Highlights from NAR’s Virtual Legislative Session
Transitioning the REALTORS® Legislative Meetings from an in-person event to a virtual experience expanded its reach, allowing more than 25,000 REALTORS® to participate and hear key legislative, political, and regulatory updates. You can watch all the sessions for 30 days at 2020.legislative.realtor.
The conference kicked off Tuesday with NAR’s annual Federal Legislative and Political Forum, this year featuring former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, who discussed the pandemic’s effects on the 2020 election.
Also on Tuesday, REALTORS® welcomed the heads of key federal agencies tasked with leading the administration’s COVID-19 response. At the Regulatory Issues Forum, U.S. Labor Department Secretary Eugene Scalia, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Kathy Kraninger, and Small Business Administrator Jovita Carranza offered insight into their entities’ roles in federal relief efforts.
During Wednesday’s General Session, House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn and U.S. Senator Tim Scott (both of South Carolina) discussed several REALTOR® priorities, including the importance of broadband internet expansion and remote online notary legislation.