A century ago, real estate leaders from across Texas formed an association dedicated to professionalism. They wanted to drive unscrupulous operators from the business. These pioneers of the industry pledged to put the interests of homebuyers, sellers, and property owners first. Though the times have changed, the organization’s goals have not.
Pushing For Higher Standards and Working to Protect Your Interests
You recognize that a REALTOR® is the professional best equipped to help you achieve your real estate dreams, but REALTORS® also work together to make your life better in myriad ways:
- REALTORS® were the driving force to require licensing and regulation of agents and brokers. Over the years, REALTORS® have fought for educational standards and minimum-service requirements.
- REALTORS® pledge to abide by a Code of Ethics that goes beyond what Texas law requires.
- REALTORS® have stopped countless efforts to tax real estate transactions and create real estate transfer fees and taxes.
- REALTORS® get involved in issues that matter to you, like ensuring local ordinances aren’t overly burdensome to property owners, buyers, sellers, renters, and landlords.
- REALTORS® pool resources to provide the best tools to real estate clients, such as contracts that improve real estate transactions and the best market data available.
- REALTORS® volunteer in local communities to make your area a better place to call home.
Looking to the Future
Members of Texas REALTORS® celebrated the association’s 100th anniversary in 2020 and are as dedicated as ever to serving you and shaping Texas for another century and beyond.
Your REALTOR® Can Help You Achieve Your Real Estate Dreams.
REALTORS® also work collectively to make transactions, property ownership, and life in your community better for you.