You have another chance to support pro-real estate candidates today if you live in a district holding a primary runoff election or special election. Visit the Texas secretary of state’s website or your county elections office website to see your polling places and schedules.
Primary Election Runoffs
Candidates who didn’t receive at least 50% of the vote in their party’s March 2020 primary elections are back on the ballot in today’s runoff elections. The winners of these races will be their respective political party’s nominees in the November 2020 general election.
TREPAC and RPAC support the following pro-real estate candidates who are in primary runoffs:
- U.S. Congress
- Congressional District 13: Josh Winegarner (R)
- Congressional District 17: Pete Sessions (R)
- Texas Senate
- Senate District 27: Eddie Lucio Jr. (D)
- Texas House
- House District 2: Dan Flynn (R)
- House District 59: J.D. Sheffield (R)
- House District 60: Glenn Rogers (R)
- House District 100: Lorraine Birabil (D)
- House District 142: Harold Dutton Jr. (D)
- House District 148: Anna Eastman (D)
Special Election in Central Texas
Voters in Central Texas have a special election for Texas Senate District 14, which covers Bastrop County and parts of Travis County, on their July 14 ballot.
TREPAC supports Eddie Rodriguez (D) for Senate District 14 to fill the seat vacated by long-time state Sen. Kirk Watson, who stepped down earlier this year when he was named Founding Dean of the University of Houston Hobby School of Public Affairs.
Rodriguez currently serves as state representative for House District 51—a seat he has held since his first election to the Legislature in 2002. Log in at texasrealtorssupport.com to see all of the REALTOR®-supported candidates on your ballot who have July 14 elections.
Leave a Reply