Quiz: Is a Real Estate License Required?
Test how familiar you are with the Texas Real Estate Commission’s rules for real estate licensing in Texas.
- True or False? An attorney licensed in Texas does not need a real estate license to act as a real estate broker in Texas.
- True or False? Selling or leasing mineral or mining interests in Texas does not require a real estate license.
- True or False? You can receive money for referrals made when your license is inactive.
- True or False? Your unlicensed assistant can unlock the door for a potential buyer if you’re not there.
- True or False? A real estate license is required to call an auction involving real property.
Answers to Quiz
- True. A licensed attorney in Texas can do everything a broker can do except sponsor agents, act as the designated broker for a business entity, or participate in commission splits.
- False. A licensed auctioneer is not required to have a real estate license to call an auction for real property in Texas, but the auctioneer may not act as a broker or sales agent, such as by preparing a written agreement for the transaction.
Good information. Thanks!