The Texas Real Estate Commission in November 2020 approved several changes to promulgated contract forms. The new and revised TREC forms—plus Texas REALTORS® forms updated to match the TREC changes—are listed below and are mandatory beginning April 1.
Any offer or counteroffer using one of the forms listed below should be made on the new version of the form if the effective date of the contract is after March 31, 2021. However, if the effective date of a contract is March 31, 2021 or earlier, the parties can continue to use the old version of the form even if the transactions closes after March 31, 2021. Members of Texas REALTORS® who have questions about which forms to use may call the Texas REALTORS® Legal Hotline.
The new and revised forms are now available in the Blank Forms section of texasrealestate.com and from all forms vendors.
- Residential Real Estate Listing Agreement – Exclusive Right to Sell (TXR 1101)
- Farm and Ranch Real Estate Listing Agreement – Exclusive Right to Sell (TXR 1201)
- One to Four Family Residential Contract (Resale) (TXR 1601, TREC 20-15)
- New Home Contract (Incomplete Construction) (TXR 1603, TREC 23-16)
- New Home Contract (Completed Construction) (TXR 1604, TREC 24-16)
- Residential Condominium Contract (Resale) (TXR 1605, TREC 30-14)
- Unimproved Property Contract (TXR 1607, TREC 9-14)
- Farm and Ranch Contract (TXR 1701, TREC 25-13)
- Notice of Buyer’s Termination of Contract (TXR 1902, TREC 38-7)
- Short Sale Addendum (TXR 1918, TREC 45-2)
- Addendum for Property Subject to Mandatory Membership (TXR 1922, TREC 36-9)
- Relocation Addendum (TXR 1941)
- Addendum Regarding Residential Leases (TXR 1953, TREC 51-0)
- Addendum Regarding Fixture Leases (TXR 1954, TREC 52-0)
Is there a redline version available that shows the changes?
I’m not seeing a redline or list of changes for the listing agreements and Relo Addendum at that link, only the final forms. Where is a redline or list of changes?
The new unimproved property contract does not have noninal consideration space. Where do you recommend I put, termination option: nominal consideration on unimproved property contract?
I wish ZioForm was already uploaded
Where would I find a fillable version of the latest forms? The static PDF versions need to be printed and hand written, or a PDF editor is needed to type in the fields. Both of which can be tedious to use.
Thank you in advance.
Authorized form-fill vendors except zipForm should have electronic versions of the forms available. The forms will be in zipForm by March 22.
The forms are now available in zipForm.