You did it! All three of the constitutional amendments supported by Texas REALTORS® in the Nov. 5, 2019, election passed by large margins.
State of Texas Proposition 2: Help with Water Infrastructure
- Passed with 65.62% approval
- This amendment allows the Texas Water Development Board to sell bonds. The association supported Prop 2 because it’s critical for Texans to have access to water that meets state standards.
State of Texas Proposition 3: Property Tax Exemption
- Passed with 85.09% approval
- This amendment provides a temporary property tax exemption for property owners in areas declared disasters by the governor. The association supported the amendment to aid property owners struggling in the wake of disaster and provide these taxpayers more immediate relief.
State of Texas Proposition 8: Flood Protection Funding
- Passed with 77.83% approval
- This amendment creates a Flood Infrastructure Fund to develop flood mitigation infrastructure, which will help communities better withstand future flood events. The association supported Prop 8 because it would create a more resilient Texas in preparation for future flooding.
Visit the Texas Secretary of State’s website to see results for all 10 constitutional amendments.
Subscribe to the Legislative Liaison for more in-depth analysis—just check the Legislative Liaison box on your email preferences and click “save.”