You asked for earlier access to monthly real estate data—now you have it. Monthly sales stats in MarketViewer—the real estate market-data tool exclusively for members of Texas REALTORS®—are now available statewide on the 15th of each month. For example, sales figures for September will be released on October 15.
What Makes MarketViewer Data so Accurate?
MarketViewer eliminates duplicate listings that have been entered into multiple MLSs or entered multiple times in the same MLS. MarketViewer also uses advanced analytics to detect and correct input errors, such as a property listed at $1,004,500 rather than $104,500. Applying correction and de-duplication processes to the extensive data provided from MLSs across Texas produces the most accurate picture available for market conditions in your area.
What’s New in MarketViewer?
In addition to earlier access to data, MarketViewer just launched many enhancements:
- A new dashboard design gives you easy, instant access to the most-requested data
- Property types can be broken out by single-family, condo, townhouse, or all types. Categories have also been added to show data for new construction, existing construction, or all
- Help text defines how each statistic is calculated. Just hover over a stat—or hold your finger on it for tablets and phones—to get the definition as well as the data trend for that category
- New statistics were added for median price per square foot, median home size, median year built, and the ratio of the closing price to the original list price
- Reporting period frequency (monthly, quarterly, or annually) now can be changed without re-selecting your report criteria
- A new chart displays the growth trend for closed sales and median price over the last 12 months.
MarketViewer is only available to members of Texas REALTORS®, so you must log into texasrealestate.com to access the MarketViewer dashboard.