The Texas REALTORS® on May 3 released the Texas Quarterly Housing Report for the first quarter of 2017. Highlights include:
- 68,420 Texas homes were sold in Q1-2017, a 4.6% increase from 2016-Q1.
- Median sales price for Texas homes was $213,325, a 9.4% increase from 2016-Q1.
- Monthly housing inventory in Texas was 3.6 months in 2017-Q1 compared to 3.5 months in the same quarter last year.
- Active listings rose 6 percent year-over-year to 98,399 listings in 2017-Q1.
- Texas homes spent an average of 64 days on the market in 2017-Q1, unchanged from 2016-Q1.
“On the heels of a second consecutive record year for Texas home sales, the positive momentum experienced in the Texas housing market during the last quarter of 2016 has continued in 2017,” said Vicki Fullerton, chairman of the Texas REALTORS®. “Annual gains in both sales and listing activity in the first quarter indicate that a strong summer selling season could be ahead.”