Besides your broker, where do you turn for trustworthy information about real estate transactions? Every year, thousands of Texas REALTORS® reach out to the association’s Legal Hotline at 512-480-8200. The Legal Hotline is a popular member benefit exclusively for Texas REALTORS®—and the premiere source for legal information about Texas real estate law.
Read the article from Texas REALTOR® magazine for answers to these questions:
- Is the contract automatically terminated if the closing date has passed?
- I offered 2.5% in the MLS, but the buyer’s agent put 3% on page 9. What amount do I have to pay the buyer’s broker at closing?
- If a tenant breaks the lease early, can I keep the security deposit?
- The refrigerator was listed in the MLS. Does it convey with the property if it wasn’t included in the written contract?
- My client’s contract to sell his home fell through. He’s in an unresolved earnest money dispute with the buyer, but he asked me to market the property as active. Can I?
- I manage a pet-free property. Does the landlord have to make an exception for a tenant’s assistance/emotional support animal?