As a real estate broker, you should file 1099s for real estate commissions and referral fees or other compensation you pay to cooperating brokers, broker-associates, and sponsored salespeople. Brokers and agents are also required to report compensation paid to licensed or unlicensed assistants who are independent contractors, as well as other individuals who provide services to your business.

Want to learn more? Read this article from Texas REALTOR® magazine about filing 1099s, W-9s, and CDAs for your real estate business.