All REALTORS® must take Code of Ethics training every three years, and the current deadline by which all REALTORS® must take the training is December 31, 2021. The TREC Legal II course required to renew your license no longer satisfies the NAR requirement for REALTOR® Code of Ethics training.
How it Affects You
- If you completed TREC Legal II in 2019 or the NAR-approved ethics training in 2019 or 2020: You have completed the NAR requirement for the current cycle that ends on December 31, 2021.
- If you did not complete TREC Legal II in 2019 or another NAR-approved ethics training in 2019 or 2020: You must complete NAR Code of Ethics training by December 31, 2021.
Where to Get Training
The following courses satisfy the NAR requirement:
- Code of Ethics courses offered by Texas REALTORS®
- Code of Ethics courses offered through a local association
- The NAR C2EX endorsement
- NAR Official Code of Ethics Online Training
- Courses from The CE Shop in partnership with Texas REALTORS® (use discount code COE35 for 35% off).
If you have questions, please contact your local association or the Texas REALTORS® Professional Development Department at email@example.com.