8 Financial Questions to Consider Before You Join That Brokerage
You advise your clients not to make hasty financial decisions, but are you taking your own advice? Here are some money-centric questions you may want to ask to get financially prepared before joining a brokerage.
- What is the starting commission split or method of compensation? Does it change with production?
- Is there a bonus program?
- What costs will I be required to cover?
- Am I required to have additional auto insurance?
- Where do you advertise and who pays for it?
- Are any of my training or class expenses eligible for reimbursement?
- What is the average gross volume of your agents?
- What is the company’s market share?
For any of these areas you may want to explore, make sure you’ve determined beforehand what your expectations are and how flexible you can be.
Leave a Reply