The Texas REALTORS® Young Professionals Network (YPN) has named six REALTORS® under the age of 40 to receive its 2019 REALTORS® to Watch award for their excellence in leadership, community involvement, and sales:
- Nick Cantu, Jinks Realty in McAllen
- Sara Gerrish, RE/MAX Unlimited in San Antonio
- Rogers Healy, Rogers Healy and Associates Real Estate in Dallas
- Jessica Holmes, East Texas Preferred Properties in Longview
- Kat Robinson, Compass in Houston
- Kristin Smith, Dave Perry-Miller in Collin County
They will be honored at the Texas REALTORS® Night Out on Thursday, September 12, during the association’s annual conference in Fort Worth.
YPN is a dynamic entry point for real estate professionals striving to become more successful in their careers and gain leadership experience. Learn more about Texas REALTORS® YPN at texasrealestate.com.
I have always thought that this “Under 40” category was very unnecessary and biased. I entered real estate at 40. Do we have an under 50 Category? Senior Citizen category? No we don’t. So why are we trying to celebrate people for being under 40? Shouldn’t it all be based on performance according to the number of years you have been in Real Estate?
Marc, I agree. My daughter started when she was 40 and is outstanding! I never did agree with this.
I have always disliked this bias, as well. I’m glad to hear I’m not alone. I got in at 41.