Follow this order of signing documents so you have a for-sale-by-owner seller’s written agreement to pay your fee before the parties sign a contract.
- Ask your buyer to sign a buyer’s representation agreement. If she signs the Residential Buyer/Tenant Representation Agreement (TAR 1501), you could remind her that under Paragraph 11B, she may be obligated to pay you if the seller refuses or fails to pay your fee.
- Provide the seller with the Information About Brokerage Services form (TAR 2501, IABS 1-0) and discuss the agency relationships involved in this purchase.
- Complete the Registration Agreement Between Broker and Owner (TAR 2401) and check the box in the broker’s representation section that indicates you are representing the prospect only. Have the seller sign this document.
- Give the seller the Seller’s Disclosure Notice (TAR 1406) to complete and sign.
- Present your buyer’s offer for the seller’s consideration and signature.
This is great content. Thanks for sharing!