The 2020 Texas REALTORS® Member Profile has been released during an unprecedented time; however, the research for this report was conducted before COVID-19 affected real estate. Regardless, the real estate industry remains a dynamic industry full of entrepreneurs. Below are highlights from the report, which you can download from texasrealestate.com.
- The average REALTOR® in Texas is 53 years old, and 67% of REALTORS® in Texas attended college.
- Sixty-two percent of Texas REALTORS® members are female, compared with 64% of REALTORS® nationwide.
- The 2019 median gross income for REALTORS® in Texas was $50,000—slightly higher than the $49,700 median gross income for REALTORS® nationally.
- REALTORS® in Texas averaged 12 transactions in 2019, just like their counterparts nationwide. Property managers in the Lone Star State managed 65 properties versus 35 properties elsewhere in the nation.
- Vehicle expenses remain the highest expense category for REALTORS® in Texas, annually costing them $1,500 versus $1,400 for REALTORS® nationally.
- REALTORS® in Texas average six years of experience—three less than the REALTORS® nationwide.
- Eighty-four percent of REALTORS® in Texas are certain they will remain active for two more years, higher than the 80% national response.
Data for this report was collected via a random online survey of 832 members in Texas in March 2020. You can download the full report at texasrealestate.com.