As spring homebuying season nears, it’s a good time to review your social media presence for what potential clients may find when trying to decide if you’re the right agent for them. Use this list as a place to start when spring cleaning your social media presence:
- Make sure your profile photos are up-to-date.
- Update your cover photos to reflect the season or your latest branding.
- Make sure your contact information, websites, social media links, and IABS information are accurate.
- Update “about” sections with designations, achievements, or other recent business information.
- Review your past posts and accounts you follow to make sure everything is professional.
- Sign out and review your profile to check your privacy settings and what people you aren’t connected with may see.
- Check if any vanity URLs you’ve wanted have become available.
- If assistants, employees, or third-parties have access to your accounts, make sure those permissions are up-to-date and remove individuals who no longer need access.
- Update your passwords.
- Make sure the social media buttons on your website function correctly.
- Check the images you’ve uploaded and remove ones that are outdated.
- Search the web for your name or brand to make sure you haven’t forgotten any accounts or to spot fakes.
- Check online reviews left about you to make sure the people leaving them were your clients and the content accurately reflects the services you provided.
- Review the apps or services that you’ve given access to your social media accounts and cull ones that are no longer necessary.
- Asses your social media goals for the coming year and whether all your accounts fit into your strategy.
EXCELLENT advice!!! I’m going to do all of these this weekend! Thanks!
Good Job! This is an awesome post. I couldn’t find it anywhere on google.
Assess your spelling 🤣