Learn about how you can further develop your commercial real estate business and help advise your clients by utilizing a 1031 exchange with a Delaware Statutory Trust. Understand how to avoid capital gains taxes, shed all property operations responsibility, and keep all of the economic tax benefits of an active investor while you are shielded from liability by acting as a passive investor.
This presentation covered the definition of a 1031 exchange and the DST, and will included information about:
• Hypothetical property sale
• The 1031 exchange process and timeline
• Phases of the DST
• Properties that qualify for a 1031 exchange
• The role of a qualified intermediary
• Boot – what is it and how to avoid it