The ABCs of NAR’s Code of Ethics Requirements.
In 2019, changes were approved regarding NAR’s Code of Ethics training requirements. Here’s what you need to know:
All members must complete at least 2.5 hours of ethics training by December 31, 2021. These hours are for maintaining membership at NAR and not necessarily part of your Texas license renewal.
By the end of this year, if the requirement isn’t satisfied, your REALTOR® membership will be suspended. This means that you will no longer have access to association-provided membership rights, privileges, and services from your local, state, or national association until the ethics training requirement has been met. If you still haven’t completed the training by March 1, 2022, your membership will be terminated.
Courses to choose from that satisfy the NAR requirement:
- Texas REALTORS® Code of Ethics courses (search location and timing at texasrealestate.com/ethicstraining)
- Courses approved by your local association
- NAR official Code of Ethics online training courses (nar.realtor/about-nar/governing-documents/code-of-ethics/code-of-ethics-training-selection)
- The NAR Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) endorsement (c2ex.realtor)
- Courses from The CE Shop in partnership with Texas REALTORS® (texasrealtors.theceshop.com, use discount code COE35 for 35% off registration fee)
- Kaplan ethics course (txrealto.rs/2Y91obc).
Double-check your status on the NAR website to ensure you are compliant at nar.realtor/my-account.
Extra incentive for members: Complete your required NAR ethics training by December 1 to be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card and branded Texas REALTORS® items.