Real estate agents are more likely to bring up the commission or fee than clients.
- Agent initiated discussion 39%
- Client brought up the topic 31%
- When brought up by clients, agents were willing/able to negotiate 87% of the time
- Client knew fees could be negotiated but didn’t bring it up 18%
- Client did not know fees could be negotiated 12%
Source: Texas Profile of Homebuyers and Sellers. View highlights from the report on page 16. Download the full 198-page report from texasrealestate.com > For REALTOR® Members > Research > Profile Reports.