Halftime means different things to different people.
For athletes, halftime is time to take a break. For the band, halftime is showtime. For fans, halftime means nachos and a beverage.
For coaches, though, halftime means everything. Halftime is when games are won or lost. Halftime is when big things happen.
The greatest NFL comeback happened on December 7, 1980, when Coach Bill Walsh and quarterback Joe Montana led the San Francisco 49ers to score 31 unanswered points—after halftime—to beat Archie Manning and the New Orleans Saints at Candlestick Park.
Two keys to that second half comeback: 1) At halftime, Coach Bill Walsh told the team, “We’re starting over, right now, at halftime,” and 2) “Joe Cool” Montana kept his composure as the leader on the field.
Welcome to halftime of 2021!
The year is going fast. Really fast. Just like listings. But halftime can be big for REALTORS®. Gerald Brooks said, “The most powerful questions we will ever be asked are the ones we ask of ourselves.” Halftime is when we should be asking ourselves some important questions. Here are 21 halftime questions to ask yourself in 2021:
- What are my goals for the year?
- How am I doing on those goals?
- What changes can I make in order to make 2021 a winning year?
- What skills do I need to develop?
- What people do I need to add in my world?
- What systems or tools would make me more effective?
- How am I doing on managing time, resources, and talent?
- Are there expenses that could be eliminated from my budget? (Btw, should I create a business budget?)
- What additional services or benefits could I offer to potential clients?
- Do my calendar and my budget match my dreams, plans, and goals?
- How am I being held accountable?
- What training do I need?
- What should I start doing?
- What should I keep doing?
- What should I stop doing?
- What am I not thinking about that I should be thinking about?
- Who should I spend more time with?
- Who should I spend less time with?
- If I wasn’t already doing it the way I am doing it, how would I do it?
- What is important? Really, really important?
- How can I say no to more things, so I can say yes to the right things?
The first half of 2021 has been a game we have never seen before in Texas real estate. Don’t hesitate to start a new plan in the second half. And stay calm.
If you keep doing what you’ve always done, you’ll keep getting what you’ve always gotten. Different results require different actions. Different actions are driven by different thoughts. Think differently—now.
Whatever you do, stay in the game!