1. Which of the following are not protected classes listed in the Code?
- gender identity
- national origin
- income level
- familial status
- sexual orientation
2. Which of the following obligations are not included in the Code of Ethics?
- duties to the public
- duties to public officials
- duties to clients and customers
- duties to REALTORS®
3) Which of the following are REALTORS® required to keep in special accounts?
- security deposits
- trust funds
4) True or false? Even when permissible by law, the Code of Ethics forbids REALTORS®
from accepting compensation from more than one party.
Answers to Ethics Quiz
1) d and g. All the others are listed as protected classes in Article 10, and REALTORS® must not deny equal professional services or be parties to any plan or agreement to discriminate against those classes. In addition, Article 10 states that REALTORS® may not discriminate in their employment practices against those same protected classes. 2) b. 3) a, c, d. Article 8 requires you to keep in a separate account money you receive in trust for other people. 4) False. However, Article 7 of the Code requires disclosure to all parties and the informed consent of the REALTOR®’s client or clients when accepting compensation from more than one party.