One way to create a link to your IABS form
03/25/2016 | Author: Editorial Staff
The Texas Real Estate Commission has rules about the way license holders can provide the Information About Brokerage Services form in emails or on websites. Here’s one way to provide the form link once it’s been completed with your information:
- Fill out the blank IABS form with the appropriate information.
- Save the form to your computer.
- Upload the PDF to a cloud-based service, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive.
- Use the cloud-based service to create a hyperlink to provide access to the PDF via the Internet. For example, on the Dropbox website, click the Share button next to the file and copy the link that Dropbox generates.
- Post that link in your email and any business website or on any other social media outlet.
Does it meet the criteria?
The link to the form on your business website must meet three criteria:
- It must say Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Services,
- The linked text must be in at least 10-point font, and
- The link must be in a readily noticeable place on your home page.
The material provided here is for informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be considered as legal advice for your particular matter. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Applicability of the legal principles discussed in this material may differ substantially in individual situations.
While the Texas Association of REALTORS® has used reasonable efforts in collecting and preparing materials included here, due to the rapidly changing nature of the real estate marketplace and the law, and our reliance on information provided by outside sources, the Texas Association of REALTORS® makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee of the accuracy or reliability of any information provided here or elsewhere on texasrealestate.com. Any legal or other information found here, on texasrealestate.com, or at other sites to which we link, should be verified before it is relied upon.