5 tips to stay in control of your business finances
02/19/2015 | Author: Editorial Staff
With tax season around the corner, you may be thinking a lot about your business’s finances. Make sure you’re on the right track with these five tips from Texas REALTOR® magazine.
- Keep your accounts separate. Don’t mix your business and personal expenses.
- Use a credit card instead of cash when possible. It’s easier to track and may have account-protection benefits cash doesn’t carry.
- Don’t miss out on your deductions. But don’t deduct without proper documentation.
- Track your expenses. Staying organized will help you come tax time.
- Hire help if you need it. Accounting and tax filing can be complicated and can lead to a lot of liability issues.
Read more about each tip in “Get your finances under control” from the January/February issue of the magazine.
The material provided here is for informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be considered as legal advice for your particular matter. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Applicability of the legal principles discussed in this material may differ substantially in individual situations.
While the Texas Association of REALTORS® has used reasonable efforts in collecting and preparing materials included here, due to the rapidly changing nature of the real estate marketplace and the law, and our reliance on information provided by outside sources, the Texas Association of REALTORS® makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee of the accuracy or reliability of any information provided here or elsewhere on texasrealestate.com. Any legal or other information found here, on texasrealestate.com, or at other sites to which we link, should be verified before it is relied upon.