3 ways to help clients who are military veterans
03/02/2017 | Author: Editorial Staff
The Veterans Land Board offers affordable real estate loans to the state's 1.7 million military veterans. Steve Hudson, real estate community liaison at the VLB, recently discussed the loans offered and other program details in a video presentation. Here are a few takeaways:
- The VLB offers three types of loans for veterans: land loans, home loans, and home-improvement loans.
- The state of Texas is the lender for land loans and home-improvement loans but not home loans.
- A veteran can finance only his primary residence with a VLB home loan, and he must move into the residence within 60 days of closing.
- A veteran can borrow up to $50,000 using a VLB home-improvement loan.
- The VLB land-loan program requires a minimum purchase of one acre.
Visit texasveterans.com for more information.
The material provided here is for informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be considered as legal advice for your particular matter. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Applicability of the legal principles discussed in this material may differ substantially in individual situations.
While the Texas Association of REALTORS® has used reasonable efforts in collecting and preparing materials included here, due to the rapidly changing nature of the real estate marketplace and the law, and our reliance on information provided by outside sources, the Texas Association of REALTORS® makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee of the accuracy or reliability of any information provided here or elsewhere on texasrealestate.com. Any legal or other information found here, on texasrealestate.com, or at other sites to which we link, should be verified before it is relied upon.