How REALTORS® are like ducks
01/22/2016 | Author: Marty Kramer
You know that saying about ducks being calm on the surface but paddling energetically below the water? I think that’s a fair description of most Texas REALTORS®.
What you see is a composed professional guiding you through your real estate transaction. Behind the scenes, where you may not notice, your REALTOR® is working hard on countless important tasks:
- Analyzing data to help you with pricing and offer decisions
- Marketing the property through multiple channels to provide maximum exposure (sellers/lessors) or sifting through multiple properties to find all options that meet your criteria (buyers/lessees)
- Calling, emailing, and texting the other party’s agent to keep the transaction moving
- Monitoring deadlines to ensure nothing slips through the cracks
- Dealing with complications related to financing, inspections, surveys, appraisals, and insurance
- Learning about the latest state government-mandated changes to real estate contracts and managing details brought about by recent federal lending changes to ensure the transaction goes smoothly.
This list could go on—and each of these activities could be further broken down into multiple steps—but you get the idea: Your Texas REALTOR® is working hard on your behalf in all kinds of ways.
Oh what a great way of what we do and can do
Great article and thanks
Leave a Comment
The material provided here is for informational purposes only and is not intended and should not be considered as legal advice for your particular matter. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Applicability of the legal principles discussed in this material may differ substantially in individual situations.
While the Texas Association of REALTORS® has used reasonable efforts in collecting and preparing materials included here, due to the rapidly changing nature of the real estate marketplace and the law, and our reliance on information provided by outside sources, the Texas Association of REALTORS® makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee of the accuracy or reliability of any information provided here or elsewhere on texasrealestate.com. Any legal or other information found here, on texasrealestate.com, or at other sites to which we link, should be verified before it is relied upon.