Texas REALTORS® seeks a bookkeeper to perform basic bookkeeping duties for the local REALTOR® boards who contract for bookkeeping services through the association’s Multi-Board Management program (MBM boards) as directed by the association’s Controller and the Director of Board Services This is a full-time, hourly position in Austin, Texas.
- Process accounts payable and receivables for MBM boards on timely basis
- Prepare and coordinate daily deposit activity for MBM boards
- Create and maintain supporting schedules to the financial reports
- Prepare journal entries for Controller’s review
- Prepare all necessary bank reconciliations on monthly basis and maintain bank authorizations as needed and directed by Director of Board Services
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations on monthly basis
- Prepare monthly financial statements for Controller’s review prior to distribution
- Distribute financial statements and other reports to designated officers of MBM boards on monthly basis
- Prepare and file required monthly, quarterly and annual tax forms on a timely basis
- Provide assistance to board’s accounting firm during annual compilations, reviews or audits
- Maintain accounting records and files for each board consistently on a timely basis
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree or qualified work experience, minimum of 3-5 years preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Able to work independently
- Demonstrates accuracy and pays close attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management
- Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and systems to meet work needs.
Contact: To apply for this position, use the form below to send your resume to Susan Chichester.