Texas REALTORS® seeks an attorney licensed in the State of Texas for a full- time associate counsel position in Austin, Texas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The associate counsel will serve as a legal hotline attorney, assisting Texas REALTOR® members by telephone with questions regarding real estate brokerage in Texas.
The associate counsel will assist in performing duties related to public policy, political advocacy, and ethics, including:
- Research legal, legislative, and regulatory issues
- Review and analyze legislation for consideration of public policy positions
- Summarize legal and policy positions to the REALTOR® membership through live presentations, webinars, and written articles
- Monitor activities of governmental agencies related to real estate brokerage and private property rights
- Assist in ensuring compliance in political fundraising and expenditures and in reporting
- Legal research in various areas of law: elections, ethics, real estate, contracts, tax, employment, human resources, and business corporation
- Perform contract review and drafting
- Assist association committees and governing board as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Licensed Texas attorney
- Oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal and presentation skills
- Organizational and planning skills with an ability to handle multiple priorities at once
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Must be a self-motivated, forward-thinking individual
- Some travel may be required.
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000/annually, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical and other insurance, paid time off, professional development and license fees
To apply for this position: Please send us your resume, a cover letter, two references, and unofficial law school transcript. Applicants will not be considered unless all required documents are included.